Asia-Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.0% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 89.91 million by 2028. Increasing demand for intraoperative radiation therapy in medical industry is a major driver for the Asia-Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market.
Intraoperative Radiotherapy (IORT) is a technique that involves delivery of a high dose of ionizing radiation to a tumor or tumor bed during surgery. It involves the direct visualization of the tumor bed and spaces out normal tissues from the tumor bed that allows maximization of the dose to the tumor while minimizing the dose to normal tissues. Thus, IORT is capable of delivering higher total effective dose to the tumor bed and facilitate dose escalation without significantly increasing normal tissue complications, improving therapeutic ratio. Because IORT radiation is targeted right at the tumor, the dose can be up to 2½ times higher than a safe dose of traditional radiation. This helps keeping cancer from coming back in the same place. IORT has demonstrated its efficacy in a wide variety of tumors and cancers such as recurrent colorectal cancers, recurrent gynecological cancers and soft-tissue tumors. Recently, it has emerged as a popular treatment option for selected, early-stage breast cancer, owing to the ability to complete the entire course of radiotherapy during surgery.
Asia-Pacific Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market Scope and Market Size
Asia-Pacific Intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented on the basis of basis of method, product, type, application, end user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of method, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into electron IORT, intraoperative brachytherapy, high dose-rate IORT, X-ray IORT, and others. In 2021, X-ray IORT segment is expected to dominate the market due to wide acceptance of X-ray IORT as it is capable of delivering single precise high dose rate in quick time.
- On the basis of product, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into intraoperative radiation therapy devices, intraoperative radiation therapy accessories, and software services. In 2021, intraoperative radiation therapy devices segment is expected to dominate the intraoperative radiation therapy market as it is the major equipment which is used in effective delivery of intraoperative X-ray in cancer treatment.
- On the basis of type, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into portable and benchtop. In 2021, portable segment is expected to dominate the market due to easy carry and transport options from one place to another.
- On the basis of application, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into breast cancer, brain tumor, head neck cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, pediatric tumors, gynecological cancer, genitourinary cancer, upper gastro-intestinal tumors, and other cancers. In 2021, breast cancer segment is expected to dominate the market due to rise in cases of breast cancer worldwide.
- On the basis of end user, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into hospital, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty centers, and others. In 2021, hospital segment is expected to dominate the market due to growing number of cancer patients’ treatment in hospitals.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2021, the direct tender segment is expected to dominate the market as it is an easy and convenient option to buy the product.
Key Market Competitors Covered in the Report
- IntraOp Medical, Inc. ,
- Ariane Medical Systems Ltd,
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc., C
- arl Zeiss MEDITECAG,
- Eckert Ziegler. ,
- Sensus Healthcare
- iCAD Inc.,
- Elekta AB,
- SIT - S.I.T. Sordina IORT Technologies S.p.A.,
- REMEDI Co.,Ltd.,
- Brainlab AG and among others.